Old 01-05-2013, 09:20 AM
Candace

Originally Posted by IQuiltnFL View Post
I check this section of QB every day. Love seeing all the posts about the "new" older machines. I smiled today as I read this post about the 807 mini. I watched for Bernina's to come up for months and finally found a Bernina Nova 900 I could afford. I was looking for this or a 801 Sport or 807 mini (in no particular order). I did see a Sport 801 but at the same time as the 900. I would have loved to have both but the DH just doesn't get my fascination/love of vintage machines. Budget was an issue too. Do you know if the stitch you mention has a different name? I don't see it in my manual. I'm excited to finally be a Bernina owner. This machine weighs about 27 lbs and has all it's original accessories and a Properly working case. This brings my machine ownership to 7. Don't let hubby know, lol.
I looked at the top of my 640-2 that's sitting rather disassembled on my floor and you have the 0, 1 and then 2 stitch which is the serpentine stitch. I think they call it a running stitch in the manual, but I'm not sure?

I want a Nova too!! I would love the strange greenish one that is ultra rare or the one with the red trim. How do you like your Nova?