Old 01-05-2013, 11:50 AM
Cybrarian

Cool Need Advice on 2 projects: Wash before? After? Which materials & products?

Hello everyone I need advice on my next 2 projects. #1 is "Bargello in Summer" by Ruth Blanchet for Arbee Designs. My DDIL picked this to use the dark green batik I used to make the reception tablerunners for her and my son's wedding. [pic #1] All the materials are batiks except for the white Fairy Frost. This bargello is a lap size that will be on the bed so it will get washed periodically. Do I wash all before or after? If before all the greens together & the blues together or darks/lights? Do I need to wash the Fairy Frost? Do I use Synthrapol or Retayne and do I also use color catchers with both of these products? The 2nd pic is a group of batiks and Asian fabrics along with the white Fairy Frost that will be a string quilt. The large floral is the backing fabric. This will be a lap quilt on the couch so again washed periodically. Same questions and do I wash all or just the batiks? I don't want the white ruined after all the work that will go into these, but I do like to contruct before washing when I can. I'm a starcher too. My quilt buddy and I are taking the class with another friend who is a sewer and now wants to be a quilter. She wanted to take a class, but not by herself, so we are taking it with her at our awesome LQS Country Quilts & Bears in Clearwater, FL. [Gotta stop in when you visit our beaches!] All help and advice is appreciated!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386032[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]386033[/ATTACH] Whoa should pics be smaller? I picked medium...
Attached Thumbnails photo-1-.jpg   photo.jpg  

Last edited by Cybrarian; 01-05-2013 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Yikes!