Old 01-05-2013, 02:25 PM
ArchaicArcane

Default Win!!! Featherweight found at Antique Mall

So, we're on our way to Calgary to visit my aunt. On the way, we stopped at an antique mall. As we were turning to leave, I looked up, way above my head (not a direction that's natural for me, I'm pretty short. ), and spotted a FW case sitting on top of a china cabinet, the hinges looked weird though. DH and I were standing there discussing whether they'd been replaced or not. I noticed though that the rivets looked identical to the lock side, and something was nagging in the back of my mind about the hinges and the box itself. It looked like it was the "wrong" dimensions.

DH pulled it down with difficulty, it was up that high, and as he was pulling it down, I joked that if there was a 222 in there, we were taking it. He held it while I popped the hinges and lifted the lid. It was a genuine Wily coyote double take. I looked in, slammed the lid shut, jaw agape, then opened it again. DH leaned in and verified that it wasn't my eyes going bad.

Nope, definite open arm. I did a basic check on it - wheel turned, albeit a little stiff, bobbincase present, motor runs. It's in seious need of a good tune up, and removal of gunky oil, a belt, and 5 feet. It's in the trunk at the moment, and we're almost in Calgary. No time to play or take a pic yet.