View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 06:01 AM
eparys

There is!! lol

you say you do crafts .. so I assume that you understand the basics of sewing. I would tell you that a great beginning class at you Local Quilt Shop (LQS) would be a great place to start. If there is not one available then the Craftsy Block of the Month (BOM) which is free might be fun. The way I started was just start a project.

This is my favorite easy pattern - a disappearing nine patch (DP9) - There are several tutorials this is just one of many available.

http://www.joscountryjunction.com/di...atch-tutorial/

When done it looks really great and with every choice of fabric it looks different - as the blocks once they are cut can be arranged many different ways!!

Take a minute and assemble a good quilting ruler (6x24 was my first), a cutting mat and cutter. Try something easy and ask LOTS of questions. This is a great board with loads of talented folks more than willing to share their experiences. JUST KNOW ... that when you do and you get 15 responses you will probably have 15 different opinions which may add to the "overload". Just start - and we will help

Most of all - have fun!! Look forward to seeing what you do.