Old 01-06-2013, 07:47 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Hey there everyone .... CarrieM just gave me an idea.
Maybe our first next together project should be ... what we do with our BBs?

Oh silly ladies ... of course, you can do it via machine blanket stitching!
I'm not saying I love needle turn ...
... I just want to learn a bit about it, so I know why I should avoid it in the future!
(and then I will join JanRN in comparing it to y-seams and colonoscopies.)

At least it's a cute pattern ... to torment myself with.
Besides ... I do not know how to do the machine applique method either.
So for me ... it's any applique!
Therefore, you can all teach mne how to do it all different ways!!!

CarrieM ... Congratulations to your Kids! I'm sure you are a proud MommaBear! ITA with your rationale for the machine purchase! You are a serious sewer, and you'll find your stitching is going to be even better now with the 6600. The extra space of the 6600 is impressive (ask me, I know it seemed huge when I got mine) but please re-consider the 7700 too, as you will soon discover you want the extra space it offers. And being that you are purchasing a used, the prices will be lower for both. It's more than worthwhile. Another thing ... the table seemed non impressive being that it only has one small drawer. So much so that I almost did not get it. And now, I can't think of not sewing with it. It's stable and sturdy and the best thing going.

JanRN ... I could easily have done my BBs traditionally, but hey, wanted those perfect points and square corners and matched seams, so went the PP route too! It's so mindless that I feel like I am cheating. I've never had Rice PUdding done the way you mentioned. I've been making mine in the crockpot the last few years!

Anael ... you'll just have to go on a holiday and bring a SWeet 16 back as a souvenir!!!

JanRN ... what about going out and buying a panel or cheater quilt and doing it as your first full quilt on the S16? Then you could do something large, and not being scared to work on something you have done all the piecework.

BBs ... anyone else getting excited, with all the sets being worked on, getting finished ........ and the hints being dropped? Well, if you're not ...... I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!