Old 01-06-2013, 09:18 AM
DustysMomma

I'm a placemat making junkie. That's where I got back into sewing last year. I made a couple sets of placemats and some aprons and pillowcase dresses and my friend told me "OMG, you should sell these!" Next thing I know, I had several sets of placemats made, but none sold, and I started back on quilting instead. I ended up keeping 1 set of the placemats (which are going to result in staining our dining room table/chairs and a new area rug, lol) , she still has 1 set, and I have I think 2 sets left. But, I started buying fabric to make placemats right before I shifted to quilting and still have several fabrics that would be wonderful for them. I also got on a kick of making tote bags before that, and can't help but pick up fabrics I know would be good for that also.

That's why I thought that a general "home decor" swap would be nice. Could result in placemats, table runners, pillow covers, a small runner or a candle mat for the back of your toilet, wall hangings, trash catchers for your car or sewing room...

Yep, been thinking about this for a while now!