View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 09:20 AM
rjwilder

I suggest you go to JoAnn's and use coupons. They have Sulky stabilizers in small rolls, also Pellon makes stabilizers that you can purchase by the yard. It's a great way to try out different weights and types before spending tons of money on a huge roll. As far as software, I suggest you try Embird, they have a free trial period. If you like it you can buy just the basic software but I suggest buying Iconizer so you can see little icons of the designs. There are a few Yahoo Groups for Embird that will be helpful to you. I like polyester embroidery thread, it doesn't bleed and I've even bleached the garment and the thread didn't fade. I also use prewound bobbins, just make sure you get the correct size for your machine. I have a Brother PR620, it has 6 needles so I buy them in bulk, having plenty of them is a great idea. My best tip is to not over tighten your hoop and the garment does not have to be drum tight, you don't want to stretch the garment. Doing that will result in puckers and the embroidery design might curl up around the edges. Good luck and have fun.