Old 01-06-2013, 09:46 AM
Sierra

I worked sooo hard to get quilts done in time for Christmas! Here is the week before Christmas:

Dragon for Gson who is off to college; he designed the dragon and we had bought the fabric together.... if you want to be invisible in a fabric store, take a Gson with you! Long double size. Done!

African quilt for SIL from Ghana... much already had been put together, needed to be bigger and sandwiched and bound. Full Queen size. Done!

Panda panel quilt (chosen by 8 year old Gson), extra stuffing in the right places and especially close quilting. Regular twin size (my first "pillow case turned" quilt). Done!

SW mimbres quilt done for DH and me! Our first bed quilt, the second we have of my quilts. Made with a skirt and corners to fit the foot of the bed. Managed to use us some of my bigger scrapes on this one! Done!

I have arthritis and my hand and hips were hurting sooo badly that DH came to hold and guild my quilts during my machine quilting of them! He is such a sweetie!!!! I ended up quilting standing up, just to relieve my back and shoulders and made a discovery: If you start with a medium weight table and you run the machine with your right foot and stand basically on your left foot, you will take a lot of pounding on that left foot. My ankle was actually bruised and DH spent some time very gently rubbing my ankle. But we got the quilts done in time for our Christmas. I get a gold star, right?