Old 01-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Minnisewta

Originally Posted by alwayslearning View Post
God Bless America is not a song that the average person with the average voice can sing. Kate Smith's voice is beautiful. One of the reasons they have professional singers at games to lead the singing is that it is so hard to sing. Proud To Be An American is a much easier song to sing because it does not hit the high notes. Please do not equate not having a professional singing voice with being un American. And a song like Proud To Be An American is Inclussive, not Exclussive.
I don't think you hear God Bless America song at that many games but you do hear the National Anthem song and is very hard to sing. Do you have the 2 songs mixed up? A lot of singers now think they should "put their own spin" on the National Anthem and I think they do it a disservice. Very few do a good job when they sing it. I wish they would just sing it the way it was written. I have no idea what the song Proud to be an American sounds like.
Just my 2cents worth.
I knew that Kate Smith was associated with God Bless America but I never knew why, thanks for the history lesson.