View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 03:50 PM
AllTheLovely

Good ideas, everyone... thanks again so much!

How do I loosen pressure on the walking foot? I've been having trouble beginning my 'x' lines - the foot doesn't want to walk with so little fabric behind it - all the fabric starts binding/waving up. Lots of cursing in my craft room today. I've been holding the sandwich down tight on either side of the foot at the beginning of my 'x' to keep the fabric from waving. Then I can relax once the fabric is far enough behind the foot. But I still can't start the stitch line right at the beginning corner, or the fabric will wave up on me.

How important is it that the 'x' reach the edge of each corner? I have maybe a 3 to 4 mm space before my stitch line begins on each sandwich (finishing the line is not a problem... the lines go right to the corner where I end my stitches.)

I washed the flannel in hot water twice and dryed it hoping it would tighten up the weave a bit and I wouldn't have so many stretch issues with the flannel... guess it didn't work. I will have to try the sandpaper or rubber dots ideas. I did all of the cutting on our living room floor (hardwood) on a rotary cutting mat, with my body weight on top of the Shape Cutter or ruler to keep the slippage down. Guess that didn't work either.

It's nice to know that you have all had these issues (you have, right!?) yet still love to quilt.

Sarah