Old 01-06-2013, 04:17 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by Muv View Post
Hello Tammi,

Interesting projects. Thanks for the pictures. I couldn't imagine what you were talking about until I saw them.

Glad you liked the tip. Pegs worked a treat when I was putting that quilt together. It weighed a ton and nearly swallowed me.

Daily blog posts ... haven't a clue what I'm putting on there tomorrow. Trouble is, I've got too much to burble on about. I worry I'm boring people.
Thanks Muv. They're not prefect, but I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, considering how many "firsts" there were in the projects.

DH informed me that we have a bucket of clothes pegs downstairs, so my binder clips won't get repurposed after all. I can imagine it was quite a job with that quilt. I have pieced a top, but haven't quilted yet. I keep eyeballing the harp and thinking well, other people have done it, it must be possible.

You're definitely not boring me. I pop up from time to time and learn bits and pieces.

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Tammi, what a great project! Now I want to make one! I always have a problem of what to do with my little - still hot - crafting iron when I leave a Social or Class! I need one of those caddy's! You inspired me to make one too!

Nancy
Thank you! That is high praise, indeed. I look forward to seeing how yours turns out. I know that the binding could have been better for sure, but as the lady who runs our sewing circle asks: "Can you live with it?",.. yes I can. If your iron holds water, I'm not sure which one you have, make sure you pour the water out first before you put it in. I left my iron full and put it inside and left it there while I cleaned up the work area. There was water everywhere!

I started out with this pattern: http://api.ning.com/files/aJybRxMwi2...nCaddyTote.pdf

For some reason I can't find the page that originally linked to it. This pattern isn't strictly right. The lines for the front and back panels should be angled not straight, and the dimensions are wrongish (out by 1/2" in total length and Width) so I fiddled a little and what you see above is what I worked out.

It ended up looking closer to the Sister's Common Thread caddy by the time I was finished altering the pattern though.