Old 01-06-2013, 04:23 PM
jilliannep

Default Beginner looking to make non-traditional quilt.

Hello All!

I just joined and will get right down to business! I did a quick search to make sure that I'm not being repetitive but, didn't find what I was looking for.... so I guess what I'm doing is truly unique. I'm casting a wide net for this question across the web on other forums as well.

I want to make a quilt for a California King size bed. The twist? I want to to be an overall non-traditional shape. No squares or rectangles. Another twist? I've only made one quilt before but, I will have help getting the back and binding on. And I don't really want to buy a whole lot of equipment to complete this (money honey). By this, I mean like special rulers, scissors and such.

I don't mind if it's not really functional. I'm making it as a gift for my husband who I have been separated from for a year because we're going through the immigration process. So, if there's a way I can fit something Indian on the quilt, that would be nice too... I might just do it in the colors though.

To get an idea of what I'm talking about, I've found this quilt on someone's blog: http://<wbr>seamstresserin.blogspot.com/<wbr>2012/08/<wbr>my-hexagon-quilt-is-quilted.htm<wbr>l

I want this, but kookier.

Thanks for reading my life story. Haha!