View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 10:38 PM
eb in calif

Default totes with some quilting

I found some very nice western print fabrics at a yard sale and took awhile to figure out what to make. Light bulbs went on when i was at an auction and got 65 yards of furniture felt - 45" wide for $25. I cut out the fabric panels and then quilted them to the felt panels to make firm yet lightweight sides. I used mostly colored polyester for the liner and pockets and wrapped thin strips of the felt with the fabric to form the handles.
The prints had 2 images with a border on each side that gave me about an 18 x 18 inch panel with the boarder sufficent to be used for the band to hold the straps.

I added in a draw string closure at the top to provide an easy open and close feature to provide security which has been pretyy popular.

The totes are roomy, light and strong enough for shopping or travel. They came out great and I've been able to sell quite a few so far.
Attached Thumbnails eagle-1.jpg   indian-woman_man1.jpg   indian-woman_man2.jpg   pueblo-1.jpg   pueblo2.jpg  

pueblo-red-female-1.jpg   pueblo-red-male-1.jpg   tepee-horses-1.jpg   tepee-tepee-1.jpg   palm-black-tote-1.jpg