View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 04:53 AM
AllTheLovely

Thanks everyone for your replies and ideas. I guess I deserve a collective eye roll. No - I did't baste/pin my layers. Every tutorial I watched on the 'net showed the quilter zipping thru those sandwiches, easy peasy. Of course, if you're posting a video tute on the 'net, you probably have more sewing experience than me! I had thought, "wonderful, a step I can skip!"

Will have to invest in the basting spray. I hate pinning.

To dunster - isn't it crazy how hard it is to find designer prints in Canada!? I also do needle felting and wet felting and was dismayed to find how difficult it was to find supplies in my area. Also dismayed by the expense. My husband, too! Credit card company loves me, though!

I was chatting with a woman thru Etsy who makes rag quilts. She lives in Saskatchewan, so I was curious about where she bought her fabric cheaply when I can't find it here and not for any price where I could sell a quilt for the prices was listing. She said that every few months, she drives a few hours to get into the States and then stocks up on hundreds of dollars worth of fabric. Is it just me, or is that just kinda sad and unfair to us Canadian sewing enthusiasts? Sometimes it feels like Canada is on the other side of the world.