Old 01-07-2013, 06:28 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

Hugs to you, Dublb, stay healthy yourself!!

QuiltE, when I left my job, they were in the second year of every child (junior high school) carrying a Dell laptop computer and it was going very well. They were checked in at the end of the year, and the 8th grad machines were issued to incoming sixth graders. I am on a refurnished Dell now with the top of the line HP professional printer 'cause it prints legal size and letter size paper and I quilt. You can get refurnished computers that are less in price. It all depends upon how much you print whether you want a laser or cartridges or digital. I have used three cartridges of Black and the three colors in the last year, so that is not doing too bad...but sometimes I want to copy a bigger quilt pattern, so went for the professional printer...it also faxes, scans, copies and prints....self learning and not that bad to learn about. It gives instructions and pictures on how to do it....its also wireless/or attach to USB port.

Computers can be ordered or taken as is off the shelf...it all depends upon what you do with them, how much video you do with them, etc., how much desktop memory you want, how much memory you need...how many disk drives you need...and how close the dealer is to you. Or someone in the neighborhood that has one like yours, to help over the bumps in the path.