View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 09:26 AM
myothsec

Wink The Labyrinth Quilt

Thank you all so much for the kind responses about my new longarm room. I never dreamed I'd get so many delightful reactions! My dad always told me "Marry a man who's good with his hands." I took the advice, and consider myself a VERY lucky woman - my husband is my hero.

Several of you asked about the quilt on the frame. It is Labyrinth Walk, taken from a pattern in the April/May 2012 issue of Quilt magazine - Designed by Chris Florence and Emily Sirkin. My sons saw it (yes, they DO thumb through my quilt books! LOL!) and asked me to make it for them. The green one on the frame is for my oldest son Nate, and I have two more to make - a blue version for Charlie and a Black/Grey/??? version for Aaron.

I'm quilting the current one with pebbles in all the interior blocks, sort of leave design in one of the borders and a grecian Key design in the outer border. This is my first attempt in doing a whole quilt in pebbles - what was I thinking!?! It's a lot harder than it looks, but I figure by the end of it, I'll either be a master pebbler or crippled for life - maybe both!
Here's a photo for now, I'll try to remember to post another when it's finished.

I had to laugh when a couple of you said you liked the yellow quilt on the wall. I only hung it up as a joke to tease my sons! They call it the John Wayne Gacy quilt because it reminds them of a crazed, psychotic clown. We absolutely hate it! It was a practice piece - something I did to learn a foundation piecing technique, and the fabric (which I got with a bunch of other stuff at an auction) was just there, and I figured I'd never use it for anything else! I had no intention of ever finishing it. What's the old saying "one man's trash is another man's treasure"? Anyway, I'm tickled that some of you liked it and now maybe I'll finish it after all! Not sure who I could donate it to, but maybe someone in the hospital might find it cheery.

Thanks again ladies, your generous comments made my day!
Attached Thumbnails dscn0668.jpg   dscn0669.jpg