View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Halo

Welcome to our little world. Ask for gift cards for your Birthday from everyone. You may get many that way & will start you out nicely for getting the supplies you want or need. I would suggest a 6X24 inch & a 12 1/2" square ruler, cutting mat, rotary cutter & a good pair of scissors. Oh yes, & a seam ripper is a must also. You can do almost anything with these supplies. Just be aware that at some of your quilt stores, they will try to talk you into buying lots of other supplies that are a waist. The 12 1/2 square ruler, you can use to cut all other size squares. You can find anything on line. By all means, keep coming back here & we all will be tickled to help get you started. I started out with used clothing & old blankets for batting & sheets for backing. I have also used sheets for my background fabric in my quilts. Just remember not to let anyone tell you there in only one way to do quilt. Everyone has there on way doing it & you will find what works best for you. Good luck & we are all behind you.