Old 01-07-2013, 10:52 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

OKSGlad ... good to know you "survived" the family! I'm sure you're enjoying all the memories as you do your year end books.

Anael ... beautiful! And WOW, you're almost done Miss Sylvia! Can't wait to see it.

Computer update ... spoke with my techie this morning and he's working on some prices for me. Gave him the couple of links about printers with the pigment inks. First glances, most are not available here ... or are more commercial sized, which means prices are way beyond. At least the guy understands the fabric printing concept ... has had clients for it before. He's suggested I find out what models/makes everyone is using for the pigment inks ... and that are happy with them. I have a laser already and will keep it for the B+W as it's cheaper to print and then will add the colour inkjet so I can come into the modern era!

Also, he'll configure it so I can have Windows 7 (currently XP). Apparently all now are W-8 which is nightmarish for most. So one of the benefits of dealing with this guy over a stock STaples one.

QNSue ... I know you mentioned yours is a professional model ... which one? There seem to be many listed as professional, so would like to clarify. Have you given any of your printed fabrics a good wash test, to know the stability?

Anael ... yes, same thing here. Some purchase a printer as it's cheaper than the new ink cartridges (yes, what we call them here)

I don't really have the neighbour or friend or "kid" to help me thru any problems, so have to rely on my techie. I'm confident in his support and service. That means a lot.