View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 11:28 AM
azwendyg

I am so happy for you at being able to actually attend a class by Sharon Schamber! (And maybe just a bit envious too.) I do have 3 of her videos though, and have learned SO MUCH from her that way. I tell you, once you really get into FMQing, it IS an addiction for sure!

You mentioned a book for your current class, may I ask what book that is? One can never have too many quilting books you know!

Originally Posted by seamstome View Post
I have to first say I didn't do FMQ. But I am taking a class from Sharon Schamber in July so I figured I better conquer some basics or I will look like a fool. So I start watching YouTube per a discussion on this Board. Then I open my email and my LQS is having a class from a woman who is big into Schamber. Count me in.

Got the book Friday, went to class and I have been practicing. I am committed to practicing an hour or two every day. Like I said, I do not want to be embarassed and this is one of my resolutions for the year. I have a lap quilt that is for my hubby so it will be my first real attempt.

I find it relaxing except the part about getting my stitches all the same length but they are getting better. It is interesting how different it is than piecing.