View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 03:39 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by AllTheLovely View Post
Hi QuiltE,
I know designer isn't everything... I buy my clothes from Superstore and Giant Tiger. It just seemed like when I first got the bug for this, everything I loved just happened to be considered 'designer' or was listed as a designer print ... maybe there's a better term for it?

My Mom raised us on fairytales. The designs by Tula Pink, with all of the whimsy and hidden pictures... drool!
Oh I'm not saying there's anything wrong with knowing designers ... I just don't pay attention!
I either like it or I don't ... and then that's what I go with.
That being said, I am starting to pay more attention and have more of an idea when the names get mentioned as to what I will find!

I think our Ontario dilemma re lack of choices is all about volume. Of course, there's some personal preferences by the LQS owners. HOwever, I'm sure that'd soon be overcome if they had the $ales$ to warrant carrying specific notions, products and of course, fabric. Consider how many times you have gone into an LQS to be the only customer the whole time you are there. And how often that we leave without spending any $ ?

At times it must be pretty disheartening and discouraging for them.

The more we cross-border shop, the more we are saying good bye to having LQS' there to service us IRL!
(and that is for LQS' .... other retailers, manufacturers, etc.)

(*note* I am not saying to not cross-border shop ... just making an observation of the realities we are facing)