Old 01-07-2013, 03:46 PM
grant15clone

Originally Posted by Tammy Jeann View Post
Thanks Grant, it helped alot
Found the manual for the Domestic and it just about matches mine.. only difference was the reverse and forward mechanism. So I downloaded it and will see what else I can find.. As far as dating it, I don't know how with the numbers I have.. But will continue digging around..

BTW, the pic posted is the before pic and I have a few more so no worries about the dust.. The cabinet came with it, we found them both hiding in a back storage area of our local junk shop. It had been sitting back there about 3 years. We got it for $10.00. And all the veneer on it was peeling off and had a mess load of damage to it, so my b/f took to his shop and has got it nearly all sanded off. I wanted to keep as much of it on there as I could but he just went to town on it.. Will post some pics of it when it is done.
Well Tammy Jeann, how can you go wrong for $10? That machine is a great machine and is one that is worthy of every positive thing said about it. Unfortunately mine was in the brown crinkle paint that was not so desirable. I had a friend that needed a workhorse to sew interiors and I gave him the one I posted. It was the right machine for the tough job at hand in my humble opinion. They might not be the prettiest one out there but they sure are well behaved and lay down a nice stitch when given the opportunity. He was impressed with it when it got down to business too. He actually sewed an interior of a sidecar of an old WW2 motorcycle with it. How cool is that? If I remember correctly, don't quote me, but I think that one was from the 20's. I am probably wrong on that though.
~G~