View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 06:01 PM
ybradbury

Originally Posted by ybradbury View Post
My cousin is interested in purchasing a new quilting / embroidery machine. I think that sewing and quilting will be the primary function, but she also wants to be able to do embroidery. Of course, she would also need software to use with it. She asked me to give her some advice as to what to purchase and we need to find her something that is under $1000 complete with software. I have an older Pfaff (a 7570) with Pfaff software and also use Embird for design work, and haven't looked at any of the new machines out there is several years, so I am at a loss as to advice.

I am looking to my QB friends for suggestions for a quilting/embroidery machine including software for under $1000? Can any of you make some suggestions or lead me to a site that can help? Thanks!
Maybe I can try to be clearer. My cousin wants to buy a new machine (not used) and would like to stay in the $1000.00 range for the purchase of the machine. She is not planning to digitize her own designs, but will buy them online. So, she needs a machine that can transfer designs from her computer to the machine without having to buy an expensive digitizing software. If she needs to convert or tweak designs we know that there is free and/or lower cost software to do that. She is aware of the costs of stabilizer, threads etc as I have an Pfaff embroidery machine myself. My machine is over 10 years old and I haven't looked at any of these type of machines since then, so I don't know what is available or good out there now.

As I live in a very rural area, our research has to start here on the Web as dealers are 2 to 6 hours drive away. Once we have narrowed down to a couple of machines, we could then travel to a dealership to actually test drive some machines.

What we are hoping that we would be able to get here on QB were some suggestions as to particular brand and models of machines that you think could fit her requirements. Then we could research those particular models in depth. So can anyone help us with actual brand/models that they like for primarily sewing, but can also do embroidery?

Thanks.