View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 03:14 AM
Skeat

Originally Posted by zkosh
Thanks for bringing this up! I have so many projects in process, but I am having trouble getting myself to finish them. I spend too much time looking at ideas, patterns, and new fabrics, and not enough time working on them. I need someone to make me get busy! :evil: The ideas in my head are great, but not if they don't get done! I think I hold myself hostage sometimes, putting other things first. I'm glad to have you guys here to listen, also. I needed to put this into words and maybe get my focus back. :? And mine aren't even handpieced so I don't have that excuse. :!:
I find that most of the time I stall on a project because of something I don't like about it or after starting it, I might not care too much for it:)But,here's what I do to keep on track...I put my project w/book(or pattern), fabric and what is done on this...all in a basket or plastic container...I then label w/paper on the outside what it is...then stick on a sticky note on the label what may either need to be done (such as...binding...need fabric for border, etc) That way when I run to a fabric store,etc I pull the sticky note and will finish that one project:) Most of my UFO's are something simple to finish...and, I might have been bored w/it so up it was put away (but, still in sight!)...then I make myself about every 6m or so clean up all those loose ends:)Skeat This works out great too if you want to work on blocks one day and applique the next...