View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 07:33 PM
cricket_iscute

It's a Singer Model 12 Fiddle base. It looks to be in good condition from the picture. It is a true antique, whereas most of the machines we discuss here are vintage (less than 100 years old). It was one of the earliest Singers, and I wouldn't be surprised if it were manufactured around 1880-1910 or so. It is fragile, so be careful. It is probably cast iron; shipping is not advised. Also store it in an optimal climate-controlled room. I'm not sure what needles it uses; old needles are hard to come by.

How much you can get for it depends on where you sell it, to whom, and the economy. If you went to a TOGA (a meeting of people powered machines, google Treadleon sewing group on the internet) you would probably get more for it. The economy has knocked down prices on sewing machines considerably, and you would be doing good to get $400 now, as opposed to maybe $800 before 2008. Of course, scratches, decal wear, and other wear or parts issues factor in and could reduce - or increase - that estimate. I'd say you would be giving it away at $100.

If I were near to you, I'd probably make you an offer, but since I'm not, here is the information.

Last edited by cricket_iscute; 01-07-2013 at 07:48 PM.