View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 04:34 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by Traditional Quilter View Post
I have a Viking SE and 4D Embroidery software. It's smarter than I am. I just can't seem to get my head around machine embroidery! So, I'll be interested in hearing about any hints everyone has.
I'm not sure what version of 4D you have or what modules. I know that the manuals that come with the software is limited but does have great tutorials in them. Depending on if you have a version other than the organizer that comes with it you can go on your pc under programs/4d Embroidery and you find reference materials, additonal info that came out after it was develeoped and then there are also Main Modules, this has the manuals that came with the software but a whole lot more, where the paper manual might be 50 pages the main modules PDF files are over a 100, you can even print them out if it's easier. Viking let me know about these and you'd be amazed the added infor in them. On thier website you can search and still find some info for your machine. There is also a great website called mrpatience.com, he has lots of free tutorials/videos on 4D and 5D (which are almost the same) plus he offers classes at a cost. This website was recommended to me by my embroidery teacher. What part of VA do you live in because the store that I take classes at is great. It would cost you 40 a yr for monthly emb club plus the cost of the kit for that month. You could also set up sessions with her for one on one if needed. She's great and has lots of knowlege on machines as well as the software; she was trained by Viking. Out of all the stores in my area they are the farthest away but my favorite and I have no problem traveling there because everyone on that store is great. If you have a certain question I'd be happy to see if I could find the answer with my books, personal experience or thru my teacher.