View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 04:49 AM
AllTheLovely

A few more to add to your lists:

U-Quilt-It, on the edge of Smithville (where I live) in West Lincoln Township of Niagara. Run by Sharon Okimi. Sharon is amazingly helpful and friendly. She carries lots of gorgeous colours and prints (just not always what I was looking for) and her flannel is great quality. Her prices are good too! $11.99 per metre and she has sales all the time. www.uquiltit.com

The Quilting Bee, Fonthill/Pelham in Niagara region. Right on Fonthill's main road. They recently had to move to the back of the building they were in and I haven't been since the move. But their original store was huge. I was just really turned off by the prices... I can order the same things, and more in a print collection, thru Etsy.

Stitch, Jordan, Niagara region www.stitchonline.ca
I first met Jocelyn at Stitch almost 3 years ago after my Mom died. My Mom was a knitter and had been working on a blanket for my son. I called Stitch to see if anyone there had any idea how to finish the blanket (I can't knit). Jocelyn asked me to bring it in so she could take a look. It evolved into Jocelyn and another woman volunteering to finish it for me. They wouldn't take my money for their work. She said, "Women should do things like this for each other". Jocelyn is an angel. Her website looks like she carries mostly yarns and knitting supplies, but she does have very cute quilting cottons as well. Her store is gorgeous and worth a visit.

For anyone out there who also likes to do felting -
The Fibre Garden, Jordan, Niagara Region www.fibregarden.ca
Just across the road and a few doors down from Stitch. John and Allen are wonderful. Very helpful with lots of wool and other fibres and supplies.

You may be wondering why I posted the question in the first place, if it seems I already have lots to choose from.... I'm always on the hunt!