View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 04:54 AM
TanyaL

What are the other colors in the room? Lamp shades? flooring? drapery? Dominant color in pictures? favorite accessories? You might pick up another color for your wall hanging from one of these that is already in the room and use it. I like your idea of the bird on a branch and flower but I think I would consider making it a triptych with a common border around all three instead of three usual quilt blocks. For me, that style makes a better wall hanging as it doesn't look like you've hung a table runner on the wall. Another idea you might like is to have a flower vase in the middle with one flower and 2 branches. Each branch going in opposite sides to the edge of the wall hanging with your bird sitting on it. You still have the three seperate sections but the design has been incorporated into a whole. If the birds don't look correct proportionally, you can replace them with leaves or different flowers such as bird of paradise. Your background of cream will show everything off so elegantly.