View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 06:37 AM
Dina

I would suggest you enter your quilt(s) to be judged. I have entered two quilt shows. The first time, two years ago, I had three judged. The comments were kind and encouraging, though she told me the same thing about the corners of my binding that I already knew. This year I entered three, not to be judged. I really don't have a competitive bone in my body. I did not feel bad about doing that, though these three quilts were way better than the three I entered two years ago. (I have been quilting 3 years. I entered last time because there was a grudge thing going on and half the members refused to enter their quilts. We were afraid we would have an empty show.)

Anyway, I wished later this year that I had entered the quilts to be judged. They ended up being shown with 4 other unjudged ones, and those were older quilts, baby quilts, that had been used lots but were loved by family members who just wanted to share them. My quilts belonged with the others, even though I would not have won any prizes with my SID.

So, I would vote that you enter them to be judged. I don't think you would regret it.

Dina