View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 06:45 AM
suziehammond

Holidays are settled out now. What are you all starting project-wise? There are so many new ideas to experiment with this year. What are your 'New Beginnings'? A New subject? New technique you've been a little scared to try?

Put that new resolution into a quilt with some fresh art techniques too...................

My recently hatched plan is taking an old pattern I like and adding some oddball visual elements to totally change it.
To wit-- this very,very,very easy 'puzzle pattern' which I made up a few years ago for a neighbor. Someone will I ask I know so......I only work with measurements for this pattern. (If you look at the photo you can see it is merely 7 rectangles made into a square that don't even need any accuracy. The trick is merely in where you place the different colored rectangle 'puzzle bits'. You can draw one up yourself for the sized scraps you have lying around)
Anyway, I think it needs some more interesting spaces put into the puzzle itself and a piece or two off to the side waiting to be placed.
OTOH this Q won't be going on the wall. The original plan was to do a wall art piece but we just heard yesterday about a young friend whose house just burnt to the ground a few days ago. He is a musician and everything, including his instrument which is way to make a living, was in the house his already poor family rented. Here most people don't have contents insurance as it is way to costly. So I can help him piece his life back together a tiny bit but want to play with these new ideas for this pattern at the same time. So that is my goal for the month.

Now what about you guys over there???? What are you up to this new year?
Attached Thumbnails p1070345_2.jpg