Old 01-08-2013, 10:12 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

QuiltE, its a matter of personal preferences and what you would use it for, that is the bottom line. I wished for it so many times when I was coping a block or pattern that was just a little bigger than I could copy before and I did not have a scanner table top to copy either. You had to 'run' the page through the HP T44 jet printer and that was not always possible with a magazine page or a book page. So on this one, I bit the bullet and went the 'whole' way and have the flat bed scanner that is 8 3/25 by 18 inches or I can 'feed' the page into the printer for a copy. I was truly looking at the ratings of each one and thinking of what I *might* want to do...that I could not do before. It works beautiful at coping a whole pattern from double fold magazine...double sided, or single side booklets...endless possibilities. Do it took me two or three months to pay for it, its worth that to me.

I love endless possibilities and that is why our two freezers are 'chuck' full and pantry too. Whatever dh wants for a meal, I can produce it with ease. Unexpected company is no problem with my freezers and pantry....even if they stayed for a month. That is why I can look around my quilt room and choose from a wide selection of possibilities without going to town for anything but staples of bread and milk and butter. If we had a goat or two, or milking sheep or miniature cow, we would have milk.