Old 01-08-2013, 04:22 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
Hi Nancy. You are right. I put it in the cabinet last night and I think it looks fantastic.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386609[/ATTACH]
It fits in the opening, the hinges line up and it clears the drawer and sides but I think that the feet cast into the bottom of the machine prevent it from going all of the way down into the cabinet opening, thus preventing the top from closing. HOWEVER, if the motor was removed (not needed) and the block of wood that is screwed to the inside of the lid were to be removed, it WILL FIT and close properly.
As to the poor old 66, the old gal has seen better days and the cabinet is worthy of a nicer machine. The bed has been repainted, decals are mostly gone as is the Singer name. The chrome is bad on the entire machine. Including the faceplate, back plate, and footplate. The slide is missing too. I think she might be a parts machine or a repaint project.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386611[/ATTACH]
I do have a question about the 66 head though. I read that the Singer machines made before 1901 did not have the motor lug cast into it. And all of them from 1903 and on, all have them cast into them. This machine was made in 1910 (serial # G340707) and does not have the motor lug cast into it. Can anyone help answer that?
Thanks.
~G~
Grant I agree the Morse looks great in that Singer cabinet! Now lets see how you like treadling it? I don't even think about my Singer 319w being a treadle machine anymore - it just seems so natural to treadle that machine even when doing decorative stitches. I like the Morse, its a pretty machine. I had one exactly like yours I sold last summer. But, if I were going to take out the 66, I'd put something in the cabinet that did more than a straight stitch? I don't agree that the 66 is a parts machine. I have a Davis with no decals left and I love her! I guess it is all in the eyes of the beholder!

Nancy