Old 01-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Elisabrat

I press down and if necessary from the center out but that can warp you fabric ... did you cut the back piece of your flying geese off? keeping only the top layer you folded back? I press to the side. I originally learned to press all seams open then learned it makesastronger quilt to lay themto the side when quilted the seams are "safer"less pulling apart later. works for me so far. not sure if that answers your question but pressing is a very opinionated subject lol there is one school and there is the other school. can't tell you which is the right school. the one that works the best for you I would think

love seeing the tops come rolling in. I have to ask as it dawned on me when we dont like a quilt we are making we say Charity quilt yet wouldnt you if you needed charity above being thankful and all that.. wouldnt you want pretty to? I am ashamed to say I was going to give it to charity. That is not how I feel good at all. Big mouth insert foot. I will put it out on a chair here and the first one who says I want that! YOURS! and I will make the next quilt from the Mystery train in colors I like and will be proud to share with charity. i want to make a quilt for the Humane Societys annual auction or the local fire fighters. I will then crow loud and clear for all of you. sorry I had to share that.