Thread: Elm Creek Books
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 09:50 PM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

This Christmas my niece gave me the first book in the series - 'The Quilter's Apprentice'. I thought it would be boring but I was going to give it a try and after the first page I was addicted. I went to Amazon and ordered the next two and read the first one in 24 hours. When the second two arrived I ordered the next three. I have Amazon Prime so I have two day free shipping and I buy the 'Good condition used paperback' ones. I am so thrilled to find these books. And then I find out that she has written quilting books that go along with the novels. Oh my goodness am I in Heaven!!

I didn't even know what a Round Robin was until I read that book. Now I want to meet a few quilters and make one! I'm on the third book and I slowed down because I had other more important things (not to me) I had to take care of, but I can't wait to pick up my novel and read it. I read the second one in one day. I did no cooking or cleaning or sewing or anything but sit on the couch and read!!

And she has a book coming out about Mrs. Lincoln? Oh how great that will be!

Are there other book series about quilting out there that are as good as these? I can't imagine that they can be this entertaining and wholesome and juicy all in one. Jennifer is such a great writer! I've been to her web page a few times. I think I need to spend more time on it.

Enough out of me. I'm just so excited about these books that I didn't know existed before Christmas day this year, 2012.