View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Lynnie25

buslady, don't worry too much about the colors, you know I just like the whole surprise of receiving a Dolls Quilt - as the saying goes 'I'm easy'.

Yes, we have electricity now at the shack, didn't for the first 20 years we just relied on a noisy generator or gas lamps so all I could do was handsewing. But as my eyesight failed and I complained that I couldn't see to read or sew, DH decided to put electricity on. So now I have a room dedicated just to sewing with 2 sewing machines, cutting table, ironing board and lots of containers of scraps. I will take a photo to show you.

You wouldn't believe that after the horrific bushfires over the weekend, the past couple of days have been almost like winter and there was even snow in the highlands - we certainly can get 4 seasons in one day. But although the fires down south are still burning and are a threat to some communities, the worst has gone (for now) - time for recovery. No lives lost but about 130 properties and so many animals in distress, it makes me cry seeing the images.

I get my inspiration for quilts from blogspots on the computer, I have hundreds of photos of quilts downloaded onto my computer that I want to make one day... hahaha, like that is going to happen. I also love quilting magazines and I usually see something I like and draw the pattern up to suit myself.