View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 09:33 AM
dmackey

Originally Posted by fabric=fun
Do you or are you likely to buy
1. handmade quilted or sewn items that you can already make yourself?

I do like to buy purses this way especially if I like the fabric.

2. other handcrafted items - knitted, crocheted, woven, etc, or jewelry, that you can't make yourself?

Sometimes it is cheaper to buy ready made, then to gather the supplies to make yourself, so yes to that one!

3. recycled magazines, books or patterns?

My favorite!

4. recycled fabric pieces or fabric scraps in a chance to fill a plastic bag ($1 to $5 depending on size)?

Too much work to look through the mess, but I'd grab a piece if it caught my eye.

5. recycled quilting or sewing tools (rulers, scissors, etc.) or notions (trims, yarns, etc.)?

Sure! If usable and a good savings, why not!

6. raffle tickets on a large quilt, multi item baskets, silent auction items or other scheduled door prizes?

I always buy to support those who run the quilt shows. It is time consuming and expensive, so if I can donate and win something, I"m all for it.

7. new fabric, patterns, books, thread, notions, etc. related to sewing and quilting from the vendors (local quilt shops, etc.)?

Yesterday, I found a panel that was not available anywhere on the internet from a distant vendor. That alone was worth the trip to the quilt show. I also saw a gorgeous oriental fabric that online shops couldn't do justice to, so seeing it live was much better. I often see fabrics that I don't see at the local quilt shop, so I do lots of shopping at the vendor tables.

I have numbered these making it a little easier to respond if you are typing challenged but longer answers can make for a good discussion I think.
This sounds like my trip yesterday! Did you happen to be in Massachusetts?

Diane