Old 01-09-2013, 02:55 PM
janRN

Ggal, that's a great BOM. I love Pam Bono's patterns--all look very complex but when broken down into units like she does, they're not that difficult. Just label everything--it's easy to get things turned around (like Jeanie said about Easy Street). These are large blocks--16 1/2" so the finished quilt must be huge. If we do these I think I'll make bed or table runners. I just don't need another full size quilt.

Jeanie, yes, docs & nurses do get sick but we're not allowed to rest. When my doc had emergency heart surgery this past year some patients actually complained because the office was closed!! We also make the worst patients--never follow instructions LOL. Instead of taking a nap today I went to Costco and came home and sewed.

I tried one of the Compass Star blocks. The instructions are basic and the block fits together perfectly. Very nice block to work on. I followed Anne's suggestion and colored the sections with crayons because the hardest part is keeping the colors in the right places.