Thread: Using up stash
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 03:00 PM
wuv2quilt

Ccorazone...Bless you! I worked at a nursing home for 15+ years.....the residents there LOVED receiving quilts and other items that were "just for them"...add in quilts as a bingo prize....win / win all the way around.
It is sew great to see BEAUTIFUL donation / charity quilts. It has always bothered me that some people think donation / charity = ugly. The underprivileged / less fortunate enjoy "pretty" too.
Your quilts are truly lovely, and I can't wait to see more. Thank you for sharing with us.
Beckie

Originally Posted by Ccorazone View Post
A while back I came across a yard sale and picked up over 200 yards of fabric for $40.00. The sizes ranged frim 1/3 yard to 17 yards. Mostlly between 3 to 5 yards. I have been using this fabric to make LAP Quilts for a nursing home where my nephew works. Anyway, here are photos of some of the lap quilts I have made. I have already sent him 14 and have 7 more in the works.
My nephew tells me the staff is using them as BINGO prizes and the residents are going wild over them. (I'm glad) I wasn't sure what reception they would get.