Old 01-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Quossum

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
Oh wait, does it count if I had to buy batting? Nah. Not many of us keep a batt stash.
One of the best gifts my DH gave me for my birthday a few years ago was...a roll of batting! One of those big ones; it had to live in the entryway hall in the corner, where it stretched to the ceiling. When I had a quilt ready, we'd maneuver the roll out of the box and cut off a piece as needed. I just used the last piece of it recently, so now he knows what to get me for my next birthday! I, too, have quite a few cut off pieces that I *could* sew together, but I really don't enjoy sewing batting together, so I try to only use these for smaller projects.

I'm SO blown away by all the *gorgeous* quilts on this thread. I can't decide if I like the dark stars better or the light stars, or the different color stars. Just seeing all the different colorways is a total thrill; I love them all! Thank you every one of you who have posted a photo to the thread!

Can't wait for that last clue. I might not be so speedy as I was with the first two, now that the school year has started up again, but I'm ready!

--Q