View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 07:16 PM
QuilterMomma

Just thought I would share what my issue was here.
And that is not all of it. That is just the mess, there are more tubs that need gone thru and organized. I do have a strategy set in mind. My daughter, yep the one who got me started on finishing ufos last year, is going to help me sort the fabric scraps. Should I put in my small fqs with the scraps to just get them used up? Not the large yardage, that will go in a cupboard so I know where to pull from when I need a base for scrap quilts. Back to what I was saying there, sort scraps by color ie: red, blue, brown, orange, etc., then sort by light, medium, dark, via each color. How best to store them? I was looking at a 10 drawer storage unit, but not sure if one would be enough becasue there are a lot of scraps. Maybe use the storage unit for the sorted scraps then use the bin for the cut squares when I am done. I want it to where I can just grab that size square and go. Then do I cut them by the 1/2" or what is best? Suggestions? The one photo of the cupboard of fabric is my Buggy Barn and that is at least sorted by the type of fabric it is.
Attached Thumbnails photo-1.jpg   photo-2.jpg   photo-3.jpg