Old 01-10-2013, 06:06 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

MiraB ... forgot to answer you about the Nanaimo Bars. Looks like they were in the ancient past, as they are in post #450 in this thread.

JeanieG ... now we're hearing your aggie past!

JanRN ... Found it one day in a thrift store and thought, now this could be handy. Most Pig E. Banks would not have a large enough slot for the rotary blades to go through. It's handy to just reach across and "deposit" my offerings! Yes, an old wooden one was what he wanted. The plan was to put it into our farm workshop, complete with a phone. We found a few, but could never find one that was in good enough condition. Most were just plain junk!! There was one right near me that is at the end of a long laneway ... and is used for a shelter while kids wait for the school bus. And now it looks like you need to schmooze MrCarrieM to fulfill your dream!!!

CarrieM ... great story from your DH!! Though I might get worried just what the man might bring home someday! Now that pay phone would make for one giant Pig E. Bank ... but NOT for sharps, real moo-la!! Hey, don't wait til the kids have flown the coop ... start those bees now and make it a family affair. Memories to be built!!!