View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 08:02 AM
Scraplady

Neena, I like your version. The dark "geese" really make that secondary pattern striking. Wow.

Here is my top completed. I am not as in love with it as I hoped I would be. I don't dislike it, I just don't LOVE it like I thought I would. I know I will like it better once it's quilted, I always do, but that won't be for a while. It's been a lot of fun, but I simply have got to move on to other "required" projects. I toyed with making just a 2 X 3 layout, but was afraid it would lose the effect of the pattern. Now I'm sort of wishing I had. I could have put a nice striking border all the way around and the finished size would have been closer to what I wanted. After making the 3 X 3 block layout, I decided I still wanted a rectangular, rather than square, finished quilt. (I find square quilts awkward to use as throws and that is what this will be.) So I opted to add borders to only two sides. I am a bit disappointed that all my hard work making the little pinwheels with the leftover triangles from step 5 (yes, I saved them!) doesn't show up well in the busy black print. I guess you just have to get up close and personal to appreciate them! Sorry the photos aren't the best this time.[ATTACH=CONFIG]387215[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]387216[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails easystreettop.jpg   easystreetfinborder.jpg