View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 10:57 AM
themachinelady

I make quilts for our Local Children's Hospital and Project Lineus, but never worry about the tax deduction as we never have enough deductions to file long form anymore. They have taken away so many of the things the common taxpayer could deduct that there is nothing left for most people but to take the short form deduction.

Our little quilt guild that makes quilts for people who lose their homes to fires uses the scraps to make quilts for the Childrens Hospital as well, as well as using the many donations we have received from various wonderful people on this list. Those donations have helped us greatly on the fire quilts (and we just now are getting rid of five quilts to various families) and appreciate the generosity of everyone who has helped us out.

We are always open for anything you want to get rid of, orphan blocks, scraps, xtra material, batting or whatever as it is all put to good use. We don't have any funds as our group is a small group of elderly ladies on fixed incomes that struggle to do what we do so all the donations have been most welcome believe me. Thank you to the donor again and I know this has varied from the tax deduction question we started on. To those of you fortunate to have enough deductions go for it. I always keep track of my donations just in case, but it never works out it seems. Happy quilting to all.