View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 01:51 PM
love to sew

I bought a full roll (two actually, one is under my quilting frame on a pole that is meant for it but I don't have a place for the other and thought of hanging it from the ceiling as well. But explain the U shaped hangers and a HD rod please.
Originally Posted by pocoellie View Post
I'm sure that you'll get lots of suggestions on this topic. Try ones that you think might work for you and see how it works. I have my fabrics in big drawers by background colors. All fabrics are ruler folded with a 4x12 inch ruler, then is put in the drawer on the edge so that I can see what I have in the drawer without going through piles of fabrics. I don't have a lot of FQ's since I tend to buy yardage. I have 2 drawers full of fabrics and the fabrics to go with the focus fabric and the pattern I'm going to make with it, this way I don't mistakenly cut up fabrics that I had intentions of using for a different quilt. Batting storage can be a problem, but what I'm going to do(when I have the money to buy a full roll) is to put 2 U shaped hangers and a HD rod of some kind on the wall directly above my cutting table, then when I need batting I just "roll" off what I need.