Old 01-10-2013, 02:00 PM
DustysMomma

Oh I hate to slip and fall. I fell last winter on the floor of our garage. The contractor screwed up when they were building the house, and instead of fixing it right, they did something that made it look even worse, so when we complained, they painted the floor. Well, whenever it gets wet, it's slick, but not usually too bad. I'd been sick about 10 days and hurt so bad all over from being in bed so long, so I'd used a certificate I had for a 1/2 hour massage, then gone for a pedicure. I got in the car to come home in those funny little thin shoes they give you, and it started pouring rain. My choices were to wade through the lake that covers the walkway to the porch when it rains or chance tip-toeing through the garage. I got far enough inside not to get wet anymore when I ended up sprawled out across the floor with 1 foot pointed toward each door. I sat up and just sat there and cried, and when I could think straight, I called my son on my cell phone to come help. "Where are you?" he asked. "In the garage." "HUH?" I went inside and went to bed and cried some more. It was another week before I felt human again, and 2 weeks before the bruises healed.

Nothing we can do with the contractor either. He filed bankruptcy and left people stuck all over town.