View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 02:09 PM
LyndaOH

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Oh dear. I take it the person who originally made them doesn't have any extra? I don't recognize it at all.

On another note, I think it's fabulous that everyone gets matching stockings. My husband's family has a tradition of knitted red stockings with a snowman design, and the person's name at the top. However, you DON'T get a stocking if you weren't born into the family. So, my husband and 2 kids have a stocking, but I don't. My husband's sister and her two kids have a stocking, but her husband doesn't. I think it's kind of mean to exclude family members just because they're not related by blood. So I started a new tradition and made quilted stockings. Ha.
The first thing my mother-in-law did when I married my husband was start on my stocking (and I'm Jewish!). I was thrilled but disappointed to see that my MIL and FIL didn't have stockings, so I knitted them each one. Now that my MIL has passed away, I'm the official knitter of stockings for all new family members - and that includes through marriage, birth or whatever.

Do you need me to make you one????