Thread: Stunning Quilts
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 04:45 PM
quiltapillow

Sure is pretty; I make Wedding Ring Quilts; I have tried all the patterns out there; the best that I have found is the Flynn Pattern with cutting the end triangles on the bias(thats the secret) to fitting the rings together easily. So, now you know--Shar cuts the ends on the bias but uses individual squares for the rings and Flynn uses a strip method for quick cutting of the rings and even though you have to go back and restitch each square to a small angle; to me its faster than individually sewing each block. No matter how many Wedding Ring Quilts I have made they all take about the same amount of time 2 to 3 months just for the top. I tried the ironing ring method and it seemed to tideous to me. I have even had my DH pin my pieces as I sewed and its still took 2 to 3 months. But its a quilt worth doing. The last one I did; I bought tone on tone white at Wal Mart for the background and used red and blue rings; I walked by one night to the kitchen and looked in and saw a glow coming from the sewing table, it was the white fabric. Wow, what a suprise. Any way I guess I am long winded. The main idea is to enjoy the process and have fun doing it. This is a great thread and so many beautiful quilts. Arn't we blessed to be able to know how to quilt and put miscl. fabric together and share with each other. Great Job --------(I wish I know how to put pictures in).