Old 01-10-2013, 07:20 PM
gramajo

komammy: There are several thread on here about glue basting. Search for them. Someone had good instructions, better than I can explain, but I'll try. Lay out batting & run lines of glue across it, about 4-5" apart. Center the backing right side up on the glued batting. Using your hands, smooth the back across the batting, starting in the middle and work toward the edges. Turn so batting is up, run the lines of glue across the batting, then lay the top upon it. Smooth this over the batting, starting in the middle. Then I take the sandwich to the ironing board and press on both sides to dry the glue. You're ready to start quilting. By pressing the sandwich, I can smooth out any wrinkles that may have appeared, but I usually don't get any.
I love using glue, much easier for me than pinning and MUCH easier on my hands. I don't have to wait for my DD to come over to pin baste it for me and I don't get those pesky wrinkles in the quilting that I sometimes got when pinning. I've even done a twin size quilt on my dining room table; I just glued in sections. Try it; you'll like it.