Old 01-10-2013, 07:26 PM
quiltingfan

Default So excited. Starting my first "Block of the Month"

Like I said.. I am SO EXCITED !!!! I just payed for the first month today. The class is next week but I will be gone for the weekend. So i drove by there today and she went ahead and gave me the block. This is my first one and I plan on doing all my blocks and at the end, if I finish all my blocks they will give the batting for free. It is the Melody civil war quilt. I am just glad that the first block is one that I can handle on my own. I am looking forward to learning some new techniques and honing my skills this year. Going for a little harder blocks. I learn so much better when I have an instructor to help along the way. I have a lot of projects that I want to get done this year, hope I can accomplish them. While in the shop I noticed that they are going to have a paper piecing class. Wish I could take it but finances won't stretch that far. Plus I have to finish my sons quilt. that is my priority this month. But one day.... right??? Just wanted to share my excitement with people that fully understand. My family does pretty well though... they are very patient with me and listen to my quilting ramblings. In fact I was in a store with one of my dd and she says " the display quilts don't have backings or bindings" then she looks at me and says. "That is just sad that I know that " ( with a smile on her face). Then my son asked me a question about quilting with the right terminology. they pick up that but not the part about keeping the house clean...go figure.. hahaha