View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 02:28 PM
dmackey

justwannaquilt,

I don't know what Daddy pillows are, so please tell us how you make them!

I make recovered fleece pillow for soldiers. I use freecycle.org to ask for used toss pillows. I wash them and then make an envelope pocket out of patriotic or solid colored fleece to put the pillow in, and I send them to a local group who makes weekly packages for our soldiers. I also send them to a military hospital in Iraq, and in any packages that I send to soldiers. They are so quick to make and the best part is getting the pillows for free. I always use my Joann's 50% off coupon for my fleece. The pillows are so soft and easy to take the fleece off for washing.

Here is how I make them:

If the pillow is 14x14, then I cut a piece the same width and 2 1/2 length,
so the piece is 14x35. Wrong side down, (center if necessary if the fleece is a print) fold the two short sides over each other until you have the 14" square, pin, and sew along the long edges of the fleece, close to the edge. Turn rightside out and stuff the pillow in. No need to edge the fleece, as it doesn't ravel.

Cutting the fleece the same width as the pillow, gives a nice smooth fit because fleece has that stretch to it.

Diane