View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 09:04 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Hello Phranny ... Thanks for all the updates. I didn't know that Newton had expanded and must remember to check it out again when I am in that area. It was nice before and had a pretty good selection ... so I'm looking forward to the additions!

The Maxwell shop was a surprise to me when I was there in October. It has expanded it's selection with a move. So depending on when your card was printed, you may have to look for itjust down the road. I haven't been to Wiarton, as every time I've been in the area, it's been closed. NOt their fault, just my poor choice of days!

Yes, Goderich was blown around a little by the Tornado, but not so bad as some of the others in the nearby area. As far as I know, they are up and running and all is good again, though I haven;t been there since.

I'll add another couple ...

Heart N Home, New Hamburg ... very country selections with what is to me the largest selection of flannelettes and homespuns that I've seen. Also has giftware, so don't hesitate to go in when you get there. Go towards the back of the shop for the fabrics. And be sure to check out their classroom as there's patterns and kits along with lots of store samples to check out. I've never taken a class there but it is definitely THE BEST classroom that I've seen, yet!

Undercover Quilts, Fergus ... you'll love Virginia and her attention to you! You'll find it downtown, across from the Royal Bank and upstairs above the Pizza shop. The first time I went ... I could not find her. Now I love going there.

And keep your eyes open, as there's always some fabrics hiding in the oddest of places!

Sears, Monkton ... a couple years ago, I was in the are and asked for fabrics. Someone sent me to the local Sears pick up shop. Not a huge selection, but I did get some really good bargains.

And then this summer, same thing ...
Sears, Angus ... more selection than Monkton with a lot of novelty type fabrics.